150g flat rice noodles or dried thick rice sticks
2 tbsp. sunflower oil
50g prawns, shelled & deveined
60 gram beef fillet
30g bean sprouts, trimmed off brown parts
2 stalks spring onions/Chinese chives, cut into 5cm
25g fishcake, sliced
5g garlic, finely chopped
5g ginger chopped
1-2 tbsp. chili paste (sambal olek)
1/2 tbsp. dark soya sauce
1/2tbsp. light soya sauce
1/2 tbsp. oyster sauce
white pepper to taste
1/2 tbsp. water
1. Mix all seasoning ingredients. Then set aside.
2. Prepare noodles according to packet’s instruction.
3. Heat wok on high. Add in prawns. Stir and cook until the prawns turn pink.
4. Add in chopped garlic and ginger. Stir fry. Push these ingredients to the edge of the wok,
5. Add more oil and the beef. Stir fry until the beef changed color
6. Add the chili paste. Stir fry for about 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Then, add in flat rice noodles. Pour in the seasoning mixture. Mix everything, give it a good stir and cook for 3-5 minutes.
7. Make a space in the middle of the ingredients in the wok. Add a more oil, then, crack in eggs and slightly scramble them, cook for 1 minute or so. Toss in sliced fishcake and cook for 1-2 minutes.
8. Add spring onions or Chinese chives and bring all ingredients in the wok together and mix well. Lastly, add in bean sprouts; give it a good stir to make sure that all ingredients get mixed evenly.