- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil•1/4 cup harissa paste
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 KG skinless center-cut salmon fillet
- Kosher salt
- Mixed tender herbs (such as parsley, cilantro, dill, and/or chives; for serving)
- Preheat oven to 135 C.
- Whisk oil, harissa, and garlic in a medium bowl.
- Pour half of harissa oil into a baking dish and swirl to coat.
- Thinly slice a lemon half and remove any seeds; scatter slices in dish.
- Season salmon on all sides with salt and place in dish.
- Pour remaining harissa oil over salmon, spreading evenly over flesh with a pastry brush or spoon.
- Roast 15 minutes. Remove from oven and baste fish with harissa oil pooled in dish.
- Return to oven and continue to roast until flesh flakes apart easily with a spoon but is not quite cooked through, 10–20 minutes longer.
- Use spoon to break up salmon into irregular pieces. Arrange salmon and lemon slices on a platter. Drizzle with any harissa oil left in dish, squeeze remaining lemon half over, and scatter some herbs around.