350 gram halibut fish fillet or other white fish
1 tablespoon corn starch
1 2-inch piece ginger
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1 tablespoon chopped scallions
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon sesame oil
3 dashes white pepper
• Cut the fish into thick, bite size pieces.
• Add corn starch to the fish fillet and coat the fish with the corn starch. Set aside.
• Peel the ginger, slice and cut into thin strips.
• Mix all the ingredients for the sauce. Stir to mix well and make sure that the sugar melts.
• Heat up a well-seasoned wok with the cooking oil on medium to high heat.
• When the oil is fully heated, add the ginger and stir-fry until they turn light brown.
• Remove them from the oil and set aside in a bowl.
• Using the ginger-infused oil, pan fry the fish until both surface turn light to golden brown.
• Add the Sauce to the fish. As soon as the sauce bubbles. Turn off the heat and dish out.
• Top the fish with the ginger strips and scallion.